The Science, Technology, and Environment Policy Lab
The Science, Technology, and Environment Policy Lab offers a unique research environment for faculty, graduate students, and practitioners on science, technology, and environment policy issues. Located in the Department of Public Administration at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the STE Policy Lab helps support a Ph.D. program in Science and Technology through funded projects which enable the training of a new generation of social scientists dedicated to multidisciplinary approaches to addressing local, national, and global challenges and opportunities at the interface of ST&E and society. The STE Policy Lab is led by Dr. Eric Welch. (More Information)
Recent Products and Activities
- Feeney, Mary K., Margarita Bernal,& Lauren Bowman. Forthcoming. Enabling Work? Family-friendly Policies and Academic Productivity for Men and Women Scientists. Science and Public Policy.
- Feeney, M.K., Johnson, T., & Welch, E.W. 2013. Methods for Identifying Translational Researchers. Evaluation and the Health Professions. September 23, 2013, doi: 10.1177/0163278713504583.
- Africa Workshops for Capacity Building for the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources (More information)
- Welch, E.W., Shin, E.J., & Long, J. (2013) Forthcoming. Potential Effects of the Nagoya Protocol on the Exchange of Non-plant Genetic Resources for Scientific Research: Actors, Paths, & Consequences. Ecological Economics.(Abstract)
- Haller, M.K & Welch, E.W. Entrepreneurial Behavior of Academic Scientists: Network and Cognitive Determinants of Commitment to Grant Submissions and Award Outcomes. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.(Abstract)
- Parker, M.A. & Welch, E.W. Forthcoming. Professional Networks, Science Ability, and Gender Determinants of Three Types of Leadership in Academic Science and Engineering. Leadership Quarterly.(Abstract)
- Investing in Broadband Evaluation: Guiding Policy & Innovation for the Future (pdf)
- de Oliveira, G.& Welch, E.W. The Paradox of Social Media: Risks for the Public Sector. PAT-NET 2013 Conference, June 2013. San Francisco, CA.
- Kim, K.W. & Welch, E.W. Human Capital and Social Capital Determinants of in Translational Activity in Medical Science. Science of Team Science Conference, June 24, 2013. Evanston, IL.
- Welch, E.W. & Feeney, M.K. Technology-task Coupling: An Exploration of how Social Media Use is Related to Perceptions of E-Government Outcomes. Public Management Research Conference, June 2013. Madison, WI.
- Feeney, M.K. & Welch, E.W. Technical, Managerial, and Institutional Correlates of Data Sharing in Local Government. Public Management Research Conference, June 2013. Madison, WI.
- Feeney, M.K. & Welch, E.W. Implementing Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Public Organizations: The Mediating Effects of Organizational Innovativeness, Routineness, and Risk Taking on the Relationship Between ICT and Managerial Outcomes. Digital Government Society Conference, June 2013. Quebec City, Canada.